Paradise of DVD Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD' big winner at Tonys

Go down

'Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD' big winner at Tonys Empty 'Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD' big winner at Tonys

Post  warduria Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:21 am

"Red," the anguished two-man Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD| Mickey Mouse Clubhouse about painter Mark Rothko and the timeless tug of war between art and commerce, was a big winner Sunday at the 2010 Tony Awards, receiving the best play prize and five other Mickey Mouse Clubhouse collection.

"This to me is the moment of my lifetime," said "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD collection" playwright John Logan.

The play picked up prizes for Michael Grandage, who won for best director of a play, and Eddie Redmayne, who won featured performance by an Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVDs in a play as the increasingly disillusioned assistant to Rothko, the abstract expressionist who agonizes over whether to accept a lucrative commission for the Four Seasons restaurant.

"This is the stuff dreams are made of. Mickey Mouse DVD," Redmayne said, clutching his prize.

"Red," starring Alfred Molina as Rothko, was also awarded a Tony for best lighting design of a play, best sound design and best Nip tuck dvd season.

"Fences," a revival of August Wilson's deeply personal drama about family, won for best revival of a play and its two stars, Nip tuck dvd| Nip tuck and Viola Davis, won for best actors in a play. Even their acceptance speeches seemed to complement each other.

"My mother always says, `Man gives the Nip tuck dvds, God gives the reward.' I guess I got both tonight," Washington said after winning for his performance as the sanitation man who might have been a baseball star. It was his first Tony Award and Nip tuck on dvd.

"I don't believe in luck or happenstance. I absolutely Nip tuck dvd set in the presence of God in my life," said Davis, honored for playing Washington's all-sacrificing wife. "It feels like such a divine experience eight times a week."

"Memphis," a tale of segregation and Nip tuck new release in the American South, was cited for best orchestration, original score and best book of a musical. "Everybody loves Raymond dvd| Everybody loves Raymond!" won for Bill T. Jones' choreography, best costume design of a musical and best sound design of a musical.

Best direction for a musical went to first-time nominee Terry Johnson of "Everybody loves Raymond dvds." Scarlett Johansson won for best featured performance as an actress in a play for her Broadway debut, the object of her uncle's lust in Arthur Miller's "A View From a Bridge."

"Every since I was a little girl I Everybody loves Raymond dvd series to be on Broadway and here I am," said Johansson, the voluptuous Hollywood star best known for such films as "Matchpoint" and "Lost in Translation."

"Fela!" and "Everybody loves Raymond box set" were the dominant nominees at Sunday's star-laden Tonys.

"Fela!" — the innovative Afro-beat biography of Nigerian superstar Fela Anikulapo-Kuti — and "La Cage aux Folles" — a revival of the Married with children DVD|married with children-Harvey Fierstein musical farce — had 11 nominations.

They were followed by "Fences," with 10 nominations, and "married with children box set," with eight.

The ceremony, from Radio City Music Hall and telecast on married with children dvds, was hosted by Sean Hayes. He was up for leading actor in a musical for his portrayal of Chuck Baxter, the insecure company man who lends out his bachelor apartment for extramarital, married with children dvd season dalliances by its executives, in a revival of "Promises, Promises," inspired by Billy Wilder's Academy Award-winning "The Apartment."

"I have actually managed to combine a good chance of married with children new release with a good chance of bombing," he joked during his opening monologue, which was widely applauded.

One of Hayes' co-stars, scene-stealing Ben 10 DVD| Ben 10, won for best featured actress in a musical. Best featured actor in a musical went to Levi Kreis as rock 'n' roll wild man Jerry Lee Lewis in "Million Dollar Quartet."

Historically, Tony-nominated hosts have Ben 10 DVD Set well. Hugh Jackman won a trophy in 2004 for his portrayal of Peter Allen in "The Boy From Oz." Nathan Lane won twice while at the helm: in 1996, when he won lead actor in a musical for "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum"; and in 2001, when he shared duties with Ben 10 Alien Force DVD| Ben 10 and won a Tony for "The Producers."

Hayes began with a playful piano medley circling around "Ben 10 Alien Force DVD Set My Regards to Broadway," then stepped up the beat and segued into a stomping "Blue Suede Shoes," as performed by cast members from "Million Dollar Quartet."

warduria

Back to top Go down