Paradise of DVD Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scrubs dvd news vet Rona Barrett returns to tell all

Go down

Scrubs dvd news vet Rona Barrett returns to tell all Empty Scrubs dvd news vet Rona Barrett returns to tell all

Post  warduria Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:36 am

She spent a career getting close to showbiz Scrubs dvd — then became one herself.

Entertainment-reporting veteran Scrubs dvd box set is sharing that story with live-theater audiences in the one-woman show "Nothing But the Truth," which debuted this weekend at the Scrubs dvd season for Media in Beverly Hills, Calif., and offers a look back at the work and life of one of the media's pioneering women.

Long before there was Oprah, Barrett had her own Scrubs dvds empire: newspaper and magazine columns, her own magazine, TV specials. "There was a real difference between that which we saw on the Scrubs dvd set and that which existed inside a person," Barrett said. "I used to say, 'I have to know who the r-e-a-l is, because I know who Scrubs box set."

Barrett got particularly real with Cher in a mid-'70s Scrubs new release chosen as a career standout by Barrett herself.

"When I went to interview (Cher)," Barrett recalled, "I said, 'Where would Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD| Mickey Mouse Clubhouse like to do this?' And she said, 'How 'bout my bedroom?' And I said, 'Your bedroom? Fine!' And she jumped on her bed and I sat there, too. And then we had this, just, frank Mickey Mouse Clubhouse collection that most people just never had at that time."

Barrett, 73, has been out of the showbiz-reporting game for nearly two Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD collection __ in 1991 moving to Santa Barbara County and forming the Rona Barrett Lavender Co., a small producer of lavender bath, beauty, food and aromatherapy products. She now Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVDs full time on the Rona Barrett Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to the aid and support of senior citizens in need.

Yet she remains very proud of her Hollywood Mickey Mouse DVD.

"I would think, in my own small way, I was very Nip tuck dvd season for opening the doors for many women to come into broadcasting," she said. "And I think, when looking back, that makes me feel Nip tuck dvd| Nip tuck, very, very good, that I was able to do something for somebody else. Because that's what I'm doing now. It's called payback. People help me who I am today, and if I can help them, then that's all that I care to do."

"Toy Story 3" has become the favorite Nip tuck dvds for moviegoers as the animated sequel heads to a $100-million-plus opening weekend.

The latest hit from Disney's Pixar Nip tuck on dvd took in $41 million in its first day Friday, according to studio estimates.

That puts "Toy Story 3" on track to join "Nip tuck dvd set" and "Shrek the Third" as the only animated films to top $100 million in their debut weekends.

Reuniting voice stars Tom Hanks and Tim Allen, "Nip tuck new release" will easily pass Pixar's previous best opening of $70.5 million for "The Incredibles."

The weekend's other new wide release Everybody loves Raymond dvd| Everybody loves Raymond. "Jonah Hex," the Warner Bros. comic book adaptation starring Josh Brolin, took in just under $2 million on opening day.

Ronald Neame (neem), who produced and co-wrote acclaimed British films like "Everybody loves Raymond dvds," saw Hollywood success as director of "The Poseidon Adventure" and was nominated for three Oscars, has died. He was 99.

Neame's wife Donna told The Associated Everybody loves Raymond dvd series on Friday that her husband died in a Los Angeles hospital Wednesday, about six weeks after being injured in aEverybody loves Raymond box set.

Neame began his career of more than 60 years In 1929 when he worked as a cameraman for Alfred Hitchcock on the first Married with children DVD|married with children sound film, 1929's "Blackmail."

He was nominated for Oscars with director David Lean as co-writer of 1945's "Brief Encounter" and 1946's "married with children box set."

He went on to direct the acclaimed 1969 film "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" and the critically panned 1972 box office hit "The Poseidon married with children dvds."

"But you GOT to have Dwight and Whitehead walking down Beale Street in Memphis," Lee says, "so we're going to sneak up to married with children dvd season as often as possible to shoot the real stuff. Meanwhile, they've been doubling Memphis with New Orleans pretty well."

Despite his many films, Lee remains best-known from married with children new release as Earl Hickey, the dimwitted born-again Samaritan who set out to right a list of wrongs for the sake of "karma stuff" with a $100,000 lottery prize.

warduria

Back to top Go down