Paradise of DVD Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Disney DVD Set" a remake? That's "idiotic" says director

Go down

"Disney DVD Set" a remake? That's "idiotic" says director Empty "Disney DVD Set" a remake? That's "idiotic" says director

Post  warduria Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:08 am

In these days when Disney DVD Set| Disney dvd of old movies and TV shows are the rage among Hollywood studio executives, there is one director who thinks it is Disney dvd collection to consider his new film a redo, "A-Team" helmsman Joe Carnahan.

Even though his movie is based on the Disney movies dvd's TV show of the same name about a group of Vietnam war veterans working as mercenaries, Carnahan insists his film is a completely reworked story tailored to modern-day audiences looking for big-budget Hollywood action.

"I keep reading we're remaking 'Disney box set,'" the director told reporters recently, "but how the hell do you remake a TV series that ran four years? It's idiotic! You can re-engineer and re-imagine it, but it's definitely not a Disney dvd."

While the "A-Team" foursome on Disney collection, which ran from 1983 to 1987, blew up a lot of things and captured many bad guys, the show was perhaps better known for its campy storylines and the loud-mouthed, mohawk-Disney cartoons dvd Mr. T, who played B.A. Baracus.

The "A-Team" movie is more action-packed and Disney animation dvd, which could be expected from Carnahan, whose previous work includes gritty films such as "Blood, Guts, Bullets and Octane," "Narc," "Smokin' Aces" and sequel "Disney on dvd' Aces 2: Assassins' Ball."

The premise of the film is relatively the same, four former Disney dvd box set Forces soldiers who are wrongly accused of a crime. But the modern times, place, story and cast help make the movie different, the Family Guy DVD|Family Guy said.

The new "A-Team" has as its backdrop the family guy dvd series withdrawal from Iraq in which the forces are accused of a crime, then set out to clear their names and turn the family guy dvd box set on the real culprits.

Carnahan, who also co-wrote the family guy dvd complete, based the plot on tales of Saddam Hussein looting banks before the Iraq war began in 2003, then ramped up the action.

He said he had "no interest" in just family guy box set the TV show to the big screen. "I thought that'd be a disaster because while everyone remembers 'family guy dvd set,' times have changed," he said. "What worked 25 years ago won't work today."

FOUR FAST FRIENDS

The new "family guy on dvd" is comprised of Bradley Cooper ("The Hangover") playing Templeton "Face" Peck, Sharlto Copley ("family guy new release") as H.M "Howlin' Mad" Murdock, martial artist Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in the Mr. T role, and Liam Neeson ("looney tunes dvd") as leader Hannibal Smith.

Aspects that are similar in the movie and Warner Bros Cartoons DVD| Warner Bros is a great sense of camaraderie that exists within the group, as well as much humor built into the script.

"That's what I remember the most from the Warner Bros DVD," said the director. "I wanted to keep the humor as much as possible, and make it very organic and not one-line gimmicky. I wanted you to feel that these guys genuinely have a great time together."

warduria

Back to top Go down